Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The 1/2 I really want to do

Hello, everyone! I hope this new year brings good health, happiness, lots of laughter and love for you. 2010 is over and 2011 has barely begun. Has anyone made any resolutions or commitments for 2011? I have made one. Only 1. That is enough for me. Are you curious?

My goal (the one and only) is to complete a marathon this year. The plan is to run/walk it. There you go. That's it. I'm sure I can do it.

Okay, on to other topics. I have had my eye on this half marathon for years. About 7 years now, ever since I started running longer distances than 5 and 10k. It is a tough, tough run. It's in Wyoming, on this stretch of land between Laramie and Cheyenne. Absolutely gorgeous scenery, desolate area, few people. My favorite type of run. Here is the link:

http://www.angelfire.com/wy2/marathon/

Check it out. I know I can do it, there is no time limit, just be done before dark. I can take my time and plod along up the mountain. It's a thought...




1 comment: