Wednesday, May 9, 2012

sewing and running, fabric

Good morning, everyone! I finally finished my online classes, so now I have a little bit more time on my hands! I found two races coming up soon. An 8k here in Appleton, the Freedom Run:  http://www.active.com/running/appleton-wi/freedom-run-8k-2012 ; and the Newton Blackmour Trail Run:  http://www.active.com/running-class/new-london-wi/newton-blackmour-10k-run-walk-2012 , the 10k. I'm so excited to have found a couple of races nearby. I really hate traveling very far to run a road race. First, I'm not a fast runner, so I'm not competing. Second, the entry fees add up; that on top of gas make races close to home the logical choice. I'm really looking forward to running these races! I've even convinced a new friend to join me for the 10k, but she's hesitant about doing 10 and would prefer 5. We'll see!

So, on to discussing sewing! I have a few patterns picked out, the material all washed and ready to go and I'll slowly be working my way through these projects. I have a maxi dress from a wonderful designer, Tina Givens, that I am finishing up this week. I usually sew before I go to work, but that only allows for a couple of seams to be completed.

I recently made some  napkins and a waterproof picnic blanket to donate to work as a raffle basket for the Strong Kids Campaign. People at work seemed to like everything in it, but I noticed that no on has bought any raffle tickets! Oh well.

So... the patterns I'll be working on over the next few weeks are 6055 by New Look, 5431 by McCall's, 5319 by Butterick, 6557 by McCall's and the Crepe dress by Colette designs. There is also a free tutorial that I am going to attempt, it is for a paper bag waist skirt. There are step by step instructions: http://www.adventuresindressmaking.com/2010/07/long-awaited-paper-bag-waist-skirt.html . There was also a sew a long for the Crepe dress that I will be reading to help with the construction of that dress: http://www.blogforbettersewing.com/2010/12/crepe-sew-along-6-dont-forget-to-pre.html . There is so much advice for sewing on the web, and my mom always answers my questions!

Well, have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment